We are a grassroots denomination of former, current, and non-Methodist faith leaders working on the unfolding of the kin-dom of God. We intentionally invite the full participation of all who are living out their God-given identities and expressions, including but not limited to:
gender expressions and sexual identity
religious or non-religious backgrounds
heritage/nationality/ citizenship/immigration status
races and ethnicities
physical and/or mental age
living with HIV and any other chronic medical conditions
monogamous and non-monogamous
hair color or styles, tattoos/piercings/body art
mental/physical ability or disability
use of drugs
"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth... And the one who was seated on the throne said, 'See, I am making all things new.'"
"No one educates anyone else nor do we educate ourselves, we educate one another in communion in the context of living in this world."
Paulo Freire, JD, PhD
"If your anti-racist work does not embrace an intentionally intersectional approach to liberation and justice then you just as well call it anti-human. Racism, classism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, ableism - all life-threatening, all disastrous for Black people."
Rev. Dr. Pamela R. Lightsey
"There can be no salvation without liberation."
Ada Maria Isasi-Diaz, PhD
"The Bible presents liberation—salvation—in Christ as the total gift, which… gives the whole process of liberation its deepest meaning and its complete and unforeseeable fulfillment. Liberation can thus be approached as a single salvific process."
Fr. Gustavo Gutiérrez, A Theology of Liberation
"If you have come to help me, you are wasting your time. If you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together."
Aboriginal Activists Group Queensland, 1970s
"Whatever else the true preaching of the word would need to include... It would need to be a word of solidarity, healing and love in situations of brokenness and despair and a disturbing and troubling word of justice to those who wish to protect their privilege by exclusion. "
Letty M. Russell, ThD
- Adam Marshall (he/him)
- *Adrian Hill (he/him)
- *Rev. Akilah Bixler (she/her)
- Rev. Alex da Silva Souto (They/Brown/Latinx)
- Rev. Alka Lyall (she/her)
- *Rev. Dr. Althea Spencer-Miller (she/her)
- *Rev. Amy DeLong (she/her)
- Rev. Andrea Brown (she/her)
- Rev. Ann Hunt (she/her)
- Dr. Bill Mefford (he/him)
- Brenda Smith White (she/her)
- Chaplain Brinna Kolitz, MDiv (she/her)
- Rev. Carlos Samuel Reyes Rodríguez (he/him)
- Colleen McRoberts (she/her)
- Rev. Dr. Darryl W. Stephens (he/him)
- *Erika Panzarino (she/her)
- *Elisa Gatz (she/her)
- Dr. Rev. H. Ward Greer (he/him)
- Ian Carlos Urriola, MDiv (he/him)
- Deaconess Irene DeMaris (she/her)
- Rev. Janet G. McKeithen (she/her)
- Rev. Jennifer Berry (she/her)
- Rev. Jon Pohl (he/him)
- *Joy L. Butler (she/her)
- Rev. Kai Greer (pronoun: Kai)
- Katie Kuntz-Wineland, MDiv (she/her)
- Rev. Lois McCullen Parr (white she/her)
- Rev. M Barclay (they/themme)
- Margaret Downey (she/her)
- *Marla Marcum, M.T.S. (she/her)
- Rev. Martha E. Vink (she/her)
- Dr. Mary Lou Taylor (she/her)
- Rev. Melissa Boyer (she/her)
- Rev. Nikki Edleman (she/her)
- Ravi Roelfs (he/him/his)
- *Rev. Sean McRoberts (they/them)
- Rev. Sue Laurie (she/her)
- Rev. Terri Jane Stewart (they/them)
- Rev. Vicki Woods (she/her)
- Rev. Vivian Ruth Waltz (she/her)
- Rev. Wesley White (he/him)
- *Rev. Wil Ranney (he/him)
* denotes members of the Interim Wisdom Council.
Want to Support the LMX?
Interested in financially supporting the labor of the Liberation Methodist Connexion?
A donation button will be available soon, in the meantime, you are invited to mail a check:
Liberation Methodist Connexion
37 Main Street, Unit 1222
New Milford, CT 06776-9998